Well, the last 5 months have been an adventure and I have been to wiped out to blog much. I was in California for 3 months and in the 6 weeks I've been home, I've been gone 3 weekends teaching sewing and judging costume contests. I hope to blog more regularly from now on.
I wanted to let you all know that this licensed pattern for Deadpool that I made during my 3 months in Santa Barbara is now available as a "pre-launch" in Simplicity's PREMIUM ON DEMAND program. So, if you want it NOW you can get it.
This hood took many, many tries to get right. I think it now is a good pattern and will be useful for other characters as well.
About 3 or 4 weeks into our stay, it started smelling odd in my little workroom. And after a couple days I realized something had died somewhere in there. I looked everywhere I could, but didn't have the time to completely take the place apart because I was on a tight deadline for Deadpool! I went on line and it was suggested I get something to neutralize the oder. Which I did. It worked OK. I tried to leave the door and window open as much as possible.
The smell started to fade after about 3 weeks and THEN!!!! the flies started coming ... OMG!! There got to be more and more ... I bought some of the sticky hanging strips you see in some diners and small grocery store. And as I was working hard to finish this patterns, I was (not kidding) surrounded with up to 30 flies buzzing all around me, I could hear every time one got stuck on that strip. The buzzing went into panic mode, very fast and very high pitched.
Oh ... I felt so sorry for the flies ...
I do have some more sewing pictures on this I will share next time.
Happy to be back.