So, I made my jumpsuit in an undyed hemp/cotton blend ... just because. The fabric is a bit stiff, wrinkles readily, but this was my extreme experimental project! Mostly I wanted to work out combining patterns to make a jumpsuit for the Pattern Combining Class I've been teaching and will be teaching again and the American Sewing Expo in Novi, Michigan the last weekend in September. I wrote about this on Monday, read it HERE!
I used a box of RIT color remover. It works well.
And because I am painting on colored fabric, it works best to paint certain places white first so the color will come out cleaner. Otherwise the color of the fabric, in this case green, will bleed and mix with the color you WANT.
Hope not TOO far in the future.