I don't think this dress is particularly difficult to make, but is a bit time consuming.
It is made up of three separate pieces.
You can see I used a black vinyl crocodile patterned fabric, kind of an odd choice, but it looked the best of all the fabrics I could find. Maybe you will find something better.
These are dyed turkey feathers that have a slight iridescent sheen to them. But, they weren't quite exactly the right thing. But, I made them work.
Good old Marietta Greene, who has guest blogged here, found some good feathers at Paper Mart.
Here is the link.
So ... that's my story for this black dress. I hope this pattern will be useful one.